Monday, December 13, 2010

Étincelle du Changement (Spark of Change)

Late 1788
Today started off as any other lazy day in the calming and peaceful environment of La Platière. I began the day by attending to my house chores and providing Eudora with her daily lessons (Oh what an avid learner she is! Her interest in education is just as keen as mine was when I was her age!). When it came close to evening time, I and the house servants began to prepare for the guests that I and my husband were expecting in the evening. When the guests finally arrived and the hour for supper came, we sat and began to engage in a variety of discussions, including politics and government. It was here that I heard the first mutterings of the French Revolution. Oh how my heart filled with joy! The time for the oppressed humanity to reassert its rights had finally come! I know France will not let me down and I am confident that the government will be able to be reformed without any bloodshed.
Adieu
MR

June 1, 1789
My love has been elected to represent Lyons at the National Assembly (not that I am surprised).As a result of his new position, we have decided to relocate to Paris so that we are closer to the political action and activities. My husband and I have been rallying the oppressed people and giving them hope that a time of change will come! The day of the convention is scheduled on June 17 and this gives me 16 more days to press MY ideas in my husband’s head. Although he has been chosen as the representative of Lyons, in my heart I feel like it should be me, even though the circumstances of this time make my dream impossible. So I will compensate with what I have and make sure my views are heard through my dearest husband.
Adieu
MR

No comments:

Post a Comment