Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Problèmes à Paris (Problems in Paris)

1792
So much has occurred since the last time that I wrote! The Revolution continues to unfold before my eyes and I cannot say that it has been for the better. However, I will start from where we left off. As my salon continued to thrive I thereafter began to accompany my husband to National Assembly meetings. Although I did not speak, I listened intently to the debates that occurred and watched as the group continued to split even more deeply into a more radical side and a more conservative one (my husband and I being more conservative continued to mingle with this group). However throughout France, especially in Paris, the death toll continues to rise as more and more people are being murdered. The blood of the French people stains are narrow cobbled roads. As for the King Louis XVI, he rules but in name and has yielded his power to the Girondist party and has called upon MY husband to be the Minister of the Interior. I cannot conceal the happiness that I have for my husband; however I know that there are many risks that come with this position. The greater the danger, the more the heroic act, right?  We soon moved into an apartment in Versailles and my husband continues to correspond with the king. However we soon saw the potential threat of the King attempting to create and lead an emigrant army to regain his power. To make matters worst, the radical Jacobin party continues to cause problems in the city and continue to threat any form of potential stability to occur in France. Their only goal is to destroy the monarchy and that king (and by destroy the king I mean KILL him). The Girondist party begged my husband to write an earnest letter to the King, which would express the concerns. However, I took matters into my own hands and produced a powerful letter that will surely make the King think twice about fleeing Paris.

Adieu
MR


No comments:

Post a Comment