Tuesday, December 14, 2010

La Fin de mon Pouvoir (The End of my Power)

They say all good things come to end. I never realized till now the amount of truth that this statement holds.  After the letter than I had written to the King grew in popularity, I believed that my husband and I’s domination in the political scene would be never-ending, but this all changed once my husband decided to finally speak for himself rather than say what I wanted. My dear husband has taken it upon himself to openly argue about the excessive of the Revolution, and although I agree with him, I know when to hold my tongue. The Jacobins have increased in power and continue to imprint fear in the hearts of many and have decreased the influence of the Jacobin party.  The Reign of Terror has descended upon us in the most unfashionable manner. Men, women, and children and slaughtered if they do not outwardly express their support of the Revolution and members of the Girondist party are being arrested because they do not support the acts of the radicals.  The accusations continue to fly towards my husband and I and we continue to grow more and more unpopular. Some say that we do not support the Revolution while others have even accused me of infidelity (SERIOUSLY?!?) and I had to appear to the Assembly and repeal the falsehood of my accuser. I just want all of these accusations to end. Not only is it harming my rep, but it also threatens my family. However, I will continue to hold on to hope because I am positive that change will come. I continue to have hope in France and this hope will never leave me.
Adieu
MR

1 comment:

  1. Your inability to preserve the revolution and side with the Jacobins will cost you your head! I hope your blood gashes at least 10 feet from your head as you are decapitated. FIEND!

    - Jean-Paul Marat

    ReplyDelete